**Note - class schedules and availability are still changing due to COVID. Please check our online schedule for current class offerings. If you have never done aerial before, out Intro to Silks or Temp - All Ages/All Levels classesor our aerial yoga sessions (starting in Fall 2021) are your best choice! **
Looking for some additional information on our available classes, requirements, and what to expect? Check out our detailed class list below:
Intro to Silks
- In Intro to Silks, students ages 8 and up will be taught the foundation skills to begin their aerial silks studies. A great class to start out with, this class is only open to students who have never taken aerial classes, are still working toward their COAA "book," or have taken more than three months off and need to review.
- This class is limited to only 6 students.
Intro & Beginning Aerial Silks
- In Beginning Aerial Silks, students ages 8 and up are invited to come and learn the basics of aerial silks. Students will be worked through foundational skills including poses up through introductory drops in preparation for our Level 1 program. Students with no experience or working through our Intro to Silks program are also welcome!
- This class is limited to 9 students.
- Yoga in the air! Aerial Yoga offers a restorative approach to aerial arts. This class is taught like an aerial Vinyasa, utilizing a hammock-style silk to move through yoga poses with a little extra support. This class is lower to the ground than aerial silks and requires zero aerial or yoga experience. All levels are welcome! Recommended for ages 15 and up, please contact us for approvals for younger students. Modifications will be provided when needed. Please bring a yoga mat to class. For more info on Aerial Yoga and instructor Lindsi Kay, check out her website.
Lyra - Coming back in fall!
- Intro/Beginning: Learn Lyra in this small group class. Open to all levels, no prior experience required, ages 8 and up.
- Intermediate advance classes upon approval.
Stetching & Flexibility - coming back in fall~!
- This class will focus on stretching and gaining flexibility. All levels and flexibility levels are welcome. Classes open to ages 8 and up.
Trapeze - Coming back soon!
- In Beginning/Intermediate Trapeze, anyone ages 8 and up is invited to come and learn basic through intermediate trapeze skills. No prior experience necessary. Students will be guided through the basics of mounting/dismounting the bar, taught a number of foundation poses and tricks, and then introduced to additional skills tailored to their strengths and weaknesses. This class is limited to 3 students.
- Aerial FIT! is a circuit-style strength and conditioning class that will get you sweating all while having fun and rocking out. Students will be lead through a thorough warm up, numerous aerial specific exercises utilizing multiple aerial apparatuses, all to be followed by an efficient cool down. This class IS NOT and aerial class and no aerial arts experience is needed. All ages and abilities are welcome to join!
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES have a predetermined set of requirements for attendance. Details below or see a COAA staff member for more information:
Open Gym (currently closed due to COVID)
- We invite current students and professionals alike to attend open gym with us. You may use something of ours or, with pre-approval from COAA, bring your own apparatus to hang and practice on. Open Gym Certification sessions will be held during the first 5-10 minutes of the open gym time. Click here for information on ability requirements and attendance approval.
Level 1 Aerial Silks
- Level 1 aerial silks takes students beyond the basic skills and attendance is based on instructor invitation and approval only. Students will be required to know a specific set of aerial skills. For more information, see a COAA staff member. This class is limited to 12 students.
Level 2 Aerial Silks
- Level 2 aerial silks is open only to students who can pass a set performance audition. For information or to find out how to start on a track for an audition, contact a COAA staff member.